Schneider Electric is a household name in electrical equipment. The company was founded during the Industrial Revolution in 1836 and withstood the test of time. It has also constantly evolved to meet both ends of the spectrum’s changing requirements- from small and residential business to large scale industries.
One such product that Schneider Electric has launched in more recent times is the QOvs RCBO electrical circuit breaker. The QOvs RCBO is the incorporation of Square D -a flagship brand of Schneider Electric which it acquired in 1991. In other words, the QOvs range of MBB’s and RCBO’s are intended as a replacement for the earlier Square D QO/QOE RCBO range.
In terms of appearance, the QOvs RCBO range of products is black. A unique offset pin characterizes them. They are available in B or C curve with 30mA earth leakage sensitivity and designed for plug-on mounting. The QOvs RCBO weighs 186 grams, and the product dimensions are 110mm x 19mm x 85mm ( height x width x depth).
Characteristics of QOvs RCBO
The RCBO in QOvs RCBO indicates the product or component type. It stands for Residual Current Breaker with Overcurrent Protection. Residual current is the brief flow of current in a circuit even after the voltage has been turned to zero due to the momentum of the charge carriers. This can cause shock and hence the need to break the residual current.
Over-current protection is of course, to interrupt the excess flow of current to protect branch circuit, feeders and other equipment.
The other key characteristics of the QOvs RCBO electrical circuit breakers are:
- This circuit breaker application is for use in power distribution.
- The network type is Alternating Current (AC) with a network frequency of 50/60 Hz.
- The in rated current is 20 A at 40 °C. This is the maximum capacity of current it can carry without the risk of overheating.
- The rated short-time withstand current is 250 A when it has to resist 8/20 µs impulse.
- It has a rated service breaking capacity of 6000 A at 230/240 V AC 50/60 Hz
- The earthing system is TN system. This means the device is connected to the earth through the earth connection at the transformer.
- The pole description is 1P+ Ns.
- It has an earth leakage capacity of 30 mA and a breaking point of 6000 A Icn at 230/240 V AC 50/60 Hz.
- The QOvs RCBO will also last you for a long time as it has mechanical durability of 20,000 cycles and electrical durability of 5000 cycles.
The QOvs RCBO is a green premium product and is an EU RoHS Directive compliant. It also meets various other environmental standards. It is mercury-free and comes with a warranty of 18 months. It also comes with specific rules for disposal. It can only be discarded in the European Union markets while adhering to waste collection rules and must not be disposed into waste bins.