Residual Current Breaker with Overcurrent or RCBOs by Square D are among the brand’s best breakers. Not only that, it is one of the most adaptable, easy, and safe circuit breakers available. Square D built a brilliant and high-quality RCBO with decades of experience in its pockets. The module system has all of the latest benefits without losing any of the old ones.
The firm’s RCBOs are very simple and quick to install. It also solves any questions about the operation, providing the RCBO secure installation. It also allows for protection during maintenance as well as the easy use of the circuit breaker. And even though it is a new model, the breaker is not expensive. It meets the networks’ and users’ needs. As a result, Square D RCBOs provides one of the most adaptable, advanced, and detailed modular systems on the market.
Wiring Process of Square D RCBOs
The first thing you need to do is to read the manual before you do the installation. It mentions all that you need to know about how to do the wiring. But to make it easier, here is a detailed step-by-step instruction on how to wire the RCBOs.
- Before you start with the wiring of a Square D RCBO, make sure to cut off the power supply from the main source.
- You may go ahead by inserting the PE cord inside the earth bar. Also, take the power cables and connect them to the isolator’s plug points that are on top of it.
- You will see two wires on the back. The blue will be the neutral cable, and the white, the phase cable. Connect the white cable to the left terminal and the blue cable to the right terminal.
- The next step is to measure and cut the busbar or the metal strip to the correct length. You can connect it to the Square D RCBOs and the bottom plug point of the isolator.
- Take the blue cable and connect it to the earth or the ground bar from the bottom of the isolator.
More Steps in the Process
- The outbound cables will use a cable with two cores and an earth bar.
- Before you connect it to the earth bar, make sure to cover the earth wires with an earth sleeve.
- You can then connect the blue wire to the ‘N’ terminal point and the brown wire to the ‘L’ terminal point.
- After that, connect the earth wire to its dedicated bar and cut the wiring to the required length.
- The last step is to connect the blue wire and attach it to its dedicated bar.
The Fitting Process of Square D RCBOs
After you have appropriately connected the wires, you start with the fitting process. But before installing the RCBOs, you will need neutral and live wiring, as well as a suitable screwdriver. And make sure to cut off the power supply from the main point.
After attaching the cables to the dedicated terminals, tighten the earth bar with a screwdriver. You can then turn on the power supply to the RCBO and any connected equipment.
Lastly, make use of the test button feature of the Square D RCBOs to complete the installation process. By doing so, it ensures that the device trips once there is an issue. Also, in case of a problem, it will require you to reconnect the wires.