The Schneider Acti 9 RCBO’s (Residual Circuit Breaker with Overcurrent) is an efficient device that protects you from electrical risks and hazards. Installation of the device will give you and your family 24/7 safety and protection. Due to its dual protection functionality, the device has become a growing replacement for Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) and Residual Current Circuit Breaker(RCCB).
This section will take you through the various features and functions of the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO. That will determine its popularity and what sets it apart from other products.
What is the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO?
Firstly, let us understand what the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO are. It is of the device from the Easy 9 range launched by Schneider for household use. The device gives comprehensive protection from residual current and overcurrent hazards. It aims to cater to the concern of safety and security caused by an electrical circuit. In accounts of residual currents and overcurrent faults, the RCBO breaks the imbalance flow of the current, thus, preventing accidents.
Features of the RCBO
Let’s look into the following features of the RCBO’s.
- The device gives protection from short-circuiting and overload whenever there is a problem with the electrical circuit.
- The device gives protection to you and your family from the electric shock. Electric shocks can be in the manner of direct contact or indirect contact. Direct contact would occur when you accidentally touch live wires. Indirect contact would happen when you come into contact with live current through a conductor of current. Electric shocks can cause harm and even casualties.
- The device gives protection against damage to properties and appliances in accounts of fires from current leaks. The RCBO stops the flow of power the moment it detects an abnormality in the flow of power in the circuit.
Feature of the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO’s
The above-mentioned functional features are found in any RCBO’s available in the market. However, here is a list of features that are specific to the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO that sets it apart from the others.
- The device is designed to work for an extended period without any glitches. The toggle actuation ensures the longevity of its use.
- Each variant of the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO comes with a test push button.
- Each variant of the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO also comes with IP20 insulated terminals.
- The device comes with a clocking clip. It allows easy and convenient removal of the device when you need a change or other.
- The installation of the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO can be quickly done due to the padlocking system.
- The device’s remote indication feature allows the user to check whether the device is open, closed, or tripped.
- Another essential feature of the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO is the presence of the red mechanical indicator. It indicates fault tripping whenever the device detects faults in the current flow.
The features mentioned above make the Schneider Acti 9 RCBO set it apart from other similar products.